Nikolas Bennion Bradshaw
Software Engineer & IT Professional
Nikolas Bennion Bradshaw
Salt Lake City, Utah
Email me at [email protected]
Call me at (801) 441-0918 or text me
Software engineer with extensive experience working with enterprise environments & sensitive data. I have a diverse background ranging from helping small businesses and startups to large enterprises and government organizations. I have a
personal drive to always know the current technologies and to understand and plan for the future of the technology industry. I'm an advocate for stronger privacy, both for companies and for people.
Freelance Full Stack Developer - See projects
2014 - Current
I listened to client needs to create a software package and a business package that will enable increased sales, professional services, and customer satisfaction. I did all this while reducing business costs, barriers to sales, and
reducing security threats.
- Successfully deployed and maintained a network of worldwide servers for content delivery and security.
- Generated automatic reports and deep analytics for several sites to help the clients understand their market better.
- Managed a variety of sites, applications, and business software with 99.9% uptime on a self-developed network of low-power servers.
- Implemented public facing security that passes with an A rating on SSL Labs test for site security.
- Significantly reduced overall costs of server maintenance and upkeep, thereby increasing hosting profits.
- Moved clients to a modern and robust technology platform.
- Met with clients face to face to create meaningful business solutions.
Test Engineer at Ivanti (formerly LANDesk)
05/15/2017 - 08/04/2017 (contract)
I formulated test cases for the Ivanti Avalanche team creating small and medium tests for their dark networked mobile device management tool known as Avalanche. Worked with a talented team to ensure high quality and bug free code that
could be deployed to hundreds of thousands of devices.
- Worked in “dark” environment that had limited network access for the end-point devices, scheduling updates and other critical features at required times.
- Collaborated with device manufacturers to install our software during the creation of the mobile devices. My tests were part of the initializing processes to continually test and report any errors within the application.
- The deployment team had strict guidelines my tests successfully passed 100% of the time.
- The team I was on collaborated with Ivanti’s other teams to work on the Ivanti One suite; to make Avalanche work well with our other teams’ programs and our clients had easy access to other programs’ data.
- Rigorous standards for testing were applied to every device. My test cases ended up on all of the devices and the test cases had to be successful 100% of the time.
Software Engineer at ARUP Laboratories
05/06/2016 - 12/13/2016 (contract)
While working at ARUP I was placed on a highly skilled team called Informatics Small Projects. We worked with several other programming teams to coordinate the release of new features and bug fixes. We dealt with patient and doctor
information in a highly secure environment.
- Followed HIPAA and other regulatory requirements, in order to create a secure and stable application.
- Created a "Third-Party Billing" option to allow greater flexibility of payments to our clients and patients.
- Worked with the C# Microsoft stack, including Octopus, to deliver high quality code, and insure with comprehensive unit testing.
- Fixed and developed the existing export and reporting abilities inside my team’s application.
Software Engineer at Vant4ge (formerly Assessments.com)
2013 - 2016
I managed support of several large governmental institutions on an expansive array of products. I developed new features, fixed bugs, and kept our clients and our revenue stream steady.
- Implemented the scrum and agile frameworks in daily work.
- Collaborate with governmental IT teams, as well as our internal team to deliver timely and professional results for sensitive data.
- Developed new cutting edge criminal justice and rehabilitation tools.
- Deployed methodologies and strategies to accelerate the schedule of new development to lead to an increase in revenue for the company.
- Created and organized many tools and documentation for the entire company to benefit from.
Web Devloper / Android App Developer / Graphic Designer at Spring Mobile
2012 - 2013
During my tenure at Spring Mobile I was the sole source for all graphics (physical and digital), as well as maintaining their public and internal website and tools. I led, on my own, an effort to make their business tools available to
employees on their mobile devices.
- Updated their entire site and system to be compliant with new and mobile browsers while getting rid of dependency on Flash and Java.
- Significantly reduced app data costs by cleverly implementing the site and backend in an already proved service.
- During my time there, I managed the design and business files for over 100 stores. I helped the company reach its goal of opening over 100 stores by the end of the year. (~70 starting stores to 100+).
- Created an enterprise Android app for employees to get push notifications from the corporate team on new products, services, and updates.
- Simplified many backend tools used by employees to meet with modern and mobile demands.
- Managed bi-weekly updates; by shipping, and coordinating new in-store POP merchandise to over 100 stores.
EZ Rent to Own
EZ Rent to Own has been a special client of mine as I've worked closely with them for many years now. I created their website, manage the hosting, domain, email, store, and soon their ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning). I am making
specialized software for them based off the ERPNext project to modernize and disrupt the Rent To Own industry.
Overcranked Pictures is a digital media company that just needed some simple services such as domain management and server hosting as well as setting up a "social network" to connect creators.
Bull Of The Woods Books
Author Fred Civish is a published writer who needed a simple website and simple email setup at the lowest cost possible. I'm proud to admit his costs for email, domain regstration, server hosting, and SSL fees are all $0 and he is able to have his
small website entirely free of cost to him and no cost to myself.
Software Development at Western Governors University
Available upon request. I don't want to post other people's private contact information online.
PDF Copy of my resume.